Capra International Inc., its employees and consultants
subscribe to the following values: Caring, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Trustworthiness (including honesty, integrity,
reliability and loyalty).
Being in compliance with all applicable laws, Capra International Inc., its employees and consultants are committed to maintaining a high standard of conduct, both professionally and personally. In the case of evaluations, the standards set by the Canadian Evaluation Society will also apply. To that end, they accept the following principles:
- Serve the long-term well-being of our clients and their stakeholders.
- Recognize the personal, organizational, and cultural beliefs and values relevant to serving our clients.
- Be particularly sensitive to diversity when serving clients in multicultural and international environments.
- Be prepared to make explicit our beliefs, values and ethics as ethical practitioners.
- Be prepared to help clients provide ethics services for themselves.
- Inform clients if there is serious doubt that they can benefit from our continuing services, or if our services cannot be provided in the letter and spirit of this code.
- Conduct all professional activities, programs, and relationships in ways that are honest, responsible, and appropriately open.
- Strive for professional behaviour that meets the test of the highest internationally available ethical standards.
- Inform those with whom we work about the implications and risks, if any, of their participation.
- Be prepared to provide for our own accountability by evaluating and assessing the effects of our work.
- Establish fair contracts, ensuring mutual understanding and agreement about services to be performed and remuneration.
- Encourage transparency and frankness wherever possible, as an important adjunct to ethical behaviour.
- Respect the confidentiality of information when transparency is not appropriate.
- Never divulge confidential or private information without consent of the parties concerned, unless the disclosure is required by law or necessitated by public health and safety.
- Make the limits of confidentiality clear to clients and participants.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- As may be reasonable under the circumstances, inform the client at the earliest opportunity when serving similar organizations.
- Never use inside or non-public information about a client for our own financial or other advantage without the client’s consent.
- Ensure the full accuracy of our public statements about any aspect of our work, including promotion and advertising.
- Avoid undertaking to achieve results, which are beyond our capacity to deliver.
- Refrain from accepting or offering gifts, other than customary hospitality, that could in any way be construed as solicitations of favours.
- Respect the ethical guidelines set in place by the client.
- Act with integrity and candour.
- Recognize personal needs and interests, and assert them in ways that are fair to all concerned.
- Develop and maintain our individual competence and expertise.
- Establish co-operative relations with other professionals.